Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween

Halloween is over, and we survived. Here's a rundown of the afternoon:
  • 4 arguments with kids (3 with the same kid)
  • 1 crying child
  • 4 blackmail episodes out of which I got clean bedrooms, a clean kitchen and a clean bathroom ("You're not trick-or-treating until your room is clean!")
  • several attempts at decent pictures with camera phone because the good cameras are both broken (pictures stink, but I'll post them anyway)
  • two hours of FUN and lots of CANDY
  • 2 freezing and crying kids
  • hot chocolate for everyone
  • threats over candy wrappers on the floor
  • bed (FINALLY)

All in all, a productive evening.


This is what Sam the pirate looks like without his bottle ("Avast ye scurvy dog! Brin' me me bottle or I'll see ye t' Davy Jones!")


So our only happy Sam picture is with the bottle. ("Arr, me hearty. That be a fine bit o' grog.")


Sarah and Abby, the Cowgirl and Indian. This is the first time since she's had any say in the matter that Sarah hasn't been an animal for Halloween. She still has an animal, but at least she's finally willing to be human.


Matthew as a baby riding on a werewolf's back. He won a couple of prizes at school and at a party. And today at school, they had a "Shout Out" over the PA system to Matthew for having an awesome costume.


He looked especially funny when he was sleeping on a dancing werewolf.


Headless Anna - several people told her that it was the best costume they'd seen all night. She looked awesome! Matthew also heard several times that his was the best costume. Good job guys!

9 comments:

Emily said...

Those are AWESOME costumes! Did Matthew and Anna come up with those their his own? Where did you find those? Did you make them? I think you should add a halloween costume line on your site.

mamasuisse said...

Hi Emily. We got ideas from watching America's Funniest Videos. Then we experimented with big clothes, backpacks and polyfill till we got something that worked. It was fun.

I told the big kids that they had to have good costumes if they wanted to trick-or-treat, so they were extra motivated and made it easy for me (i.e., they did all the work). And Matthew especially had something to prove because of Paige's comment from a month ago, "They so want the candy but are too cool to dress up." He's been talking about it ALL month.

Courtney said...

Wow. I love Matthew's costume too! What a great idea! I'm going to remember that one!

It's good to find you, too, Susan! Thanks for the note! What a beautiful family you all are! Sarah is such a mini-Steve, isn't she?? Now that I know who "mamasuisse" is, I'm going to link you! I've seen your comments on Celia's and Paige's blogs...but didn't know I knew you! Very cool! Tell Steve hi too!

mamasuisse said...

Courtney - Sarah is definitely all Steve. I used to just laugh out loud when I would hold her as a newborn because it felt just like I was holding a baby Steve.

Celia Fae said...

Oh, this is so fun to see everyone here. Hilarious that Matthew got his knickers in a knot over a Paige comment. She would be so happy.

Thanks for putting up the good fight and using the camera phone. I would have hated to miss those.

Paige said...

I like Matthew (Monkey). He is hilarious and a blogging friend. Your family wins for best costumes, esp. those talented older kids (and their mom of course).

Liz said...

The costumes look awesome! All of your kids are so cute!!!

Anna Banana said...

That is just like Sam, he's perfectly coontent with a bottle, just don't take it away. :)

Sarah said...

Sam did you haft to look so funny. And know you're crying out for dad. Mom and do you haft to leave funny pictures on you're mommy blog thing!!!