Thursday, November 15, 2007

Happy Birthday Abby!!!

Abby is 6 today!!! If you don't know Abby, but you do know Liahona, then that's almost like knowing Abby.




Six of My Favorite Abbyisms


6) When she was 2-3 years old, she loved to sing "Shake Your Booty" while she grabbed poor Molly's hind end and shook it back and forth. It was especially sweet when the dog's behind would hit her in the face (anybody want a kiss?).






5) Abby has a very contradictory personality. She is a total bulldozer, very strong-minded and persistent. It can be a difficult quality in a child, but will be awesome in an adult. At the same time, she is also very tender-hearted and nurturing (especially to crickets). It's such a funny combination.

4) She came home from preschool last January with a picture of Martin Luther King and told me, "This is Rosa Parks' friend."

3) She calls Box Elder bugs "Ox Gelder" bugs. It's a strong bug that can geld an ox!

3.5) She is a true princess at heart. For her 4th birthday, she got a bunch of princess paraphernalia: crown, fancy gloves, fancy shoes, a crown, and a Cinderella dress. She also got sick that night. But even though she didn't feel well, she put on all of her princess gear and posed for us over and over until she was throwing up.




2) When I asked her, "How do you help crickets that are missing a leg?" she answered totally straight faced and matter-of-fact, "I kill them." (age 5 5/6 - see posts from September 5 and September 18)

1) Finally, the best Abbyism of all, the one that will haunt her for the rest of her life, "I like the smell of fireworks . . . they're like a really good fart." (age 4)

Happy birthday funny girl.

5 comments:

Celia Fae said...

She is adorable. I can't imagine that she has smelly farts. Maybe it was Molly the Dog.

I hope she loves this post forever. It is really cute.

Courtney said...

What a beautiful girl Abby is! That's neat that she's like Liahona--possibly in the strong-minded, persistent way? When we were in town last March, we saw Liahona at church. She didn't ask IF we would come over and visit her, but WHEN that night we would be there! So we said, um...how about 8:30? I loved it, and Ray thought she was so cool! She's a great conversationalist!

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Abby!!! I love you so much, and I miss you!
Great Abbyisms Susan. #1 is still my favorite.

Sheryl said...

Something I love about Abby is her big bear hugs. It's so sweet. You forgot to mention what I think is the all time Abbyism-the red silk panties-I KNOW you've got to have a picture of those because I scarecely remember her growing up when she wasn't wearing them!

Anonymous said...

hilarious! she is so beautiful!