Saturday, November 1, 2008

How to Break a Bad Habit

Sam likes to climb up onto the bathroom counter top. Then he can't get down by himself, so I find myself being called to his rescue several times a day. Last week, this is what happened when he climbed onto the upstairs counter top while I was working in the basement.



It would seem that I didn't hear him calling me, so he finally gave up and took a nap. (Do I win mother of the year?) Poor Sam. He was not a happy boy when he woke up, but he hasn't climbed up since. How's that for effective aversion training?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a gate that he can't yank down or climb over?

9 comments:

Katy said...

How hilarious!! I've said it before many MANY times, but I just LOVE that sweet boy!! This picture is just so cute!!!

angie said...

That is classic! I'm sure we all have a story of falling asleep in some random place as a child! Mine was under a little night stand table (with a blanket over it). We were playing hide-and-seek, but I guess they were just taking to long to find me. My mom had the entire neighborhood looking for me :) That is great that it cured him of his habit...you're an amazing mother!

queenieweenie said...

that is hilarious. oh how i miss the days when my little ones slept with their cute feet curled under their bodies...precious!

Jayne said...

What smart Kids you have! Brilliant--you can now write a book on how to get your kids to change behavior. Would you come to my house and help me with these last 2.
Love you
Jayne

Unknown said...

That's great! Your little Leah is beautful and your blog has made me think...think mind you...about number three---sigh! Glad things are going so well for you!

diane said...

Funny and precious.

Celia Fae said...

Funny and precious and slightly pathetic. Make sure he knows that story so he can blackmail you with it when he grows up.

I'm loving the pictures of your sweet baby girl. It's crazy how that one baby can totally unify a family.

Rach said...

That is so funny! With Gordy we had to stack baby gate double high! I'm so excited you're coming for Christmas, I can't wait to see baby Leah in person.

S said...

That's so funny. You can't be a legitimately big family without stories like that! I remember getting butter out of the fridge and eating it on the back step outside because my family forgot to feed me and that was either the only thing I could reach or the only food that was in there. Probably both.