We've had a lot of fun with our garden this year. But I think the most fun the kids have had was with trying to catch the bunny that kept burrowing under the fence.
Sarah asked me if she and Abby could keep the bunny if they caught it. As if they're gonna be able to catch a rabbit. So I told them sure (see what a nice mom I am?) as I laughed inside.
They put hours and hours into building and baiting bunny traps. Then one rainy day, Sarah came running into the house yelling, "I HAD MY HANDS ON IT!!! I HAD MY HANDS ON ITS LEGS AND IT GOT AWAY!!! The poor thing is wet and cold."
Lesson learned: be very careful what you promise your kids!
I sure hope they scared it away permanently. The last thing I need right now is a new pet in the house.
4 comments:
Ok-
1st- that post title is a complete tease. I thought you were making a grand announcement before I saw the pictures.
2nd- I was doubled over laughing as I read this! Because if *any* one of your kids could catch a rabbit, your animal-lover would be the one...so I'm thinking you better go buy a bunny cage. I give her one more try.
by the way- on my blog, I reposted my last post with an instruction link for those bookmarks. tell your mom "hi" :)
Funny story! I love that your "bunny trap" is a rusted steel bear trap that would snap a grown man's leg clean off... very thorough, Mamasuisse
Yeah, I'm thinking if they catch the bunny with that trap, you won't have to worry about it being a pet. That is pretty funny!
reminds me of the time my husband shot a bunny in our backyard that had been eating all our flowers...he cried. don't tell him i told you!
Post a Comment