Saturday, September 13, 2008

I'm Sure Everybody Wants to Know . . .

I found this pregnancy list on Jessica's blog where I sometimes lurk, and I loved it . . . also had to steal it and make it my own. I love hearing about other people's pregnancy difficulties. It always helps me to know I'm not the only one in misery.

Following are some lists regarding my current gestational state (picture from 1 week ago):

What is uncomfortable / annoying, from the bottom up:

1. Swollen ankles and feet that have deep flip flop ridges in them (the only shoes I can wear now). On the plus side, the kids sure enjoy poking their fingers into my fat feet and watching them pit.

2. Legs that feel like they are going to tear off every time I lift them off the floor (very loose ligaments)

3. In addition to frequent Braxton Hicks, I have frequent false labor meaning painful contractions every 2-3 minutes that last up to four hours. This happens at least 1-2 times per week and has been going on for the past 14 weeks.

4. Nausea that has not been horrible, but is ever present.

5. Vomitting a couple of times a week first thing in the morning


Why I'm excited to have this baby:

1. See above list

2. She's my last (Again. Abby was my previous last, but this time I'm pretty sure.)

3. I have another chance to have an epidural that works (cross your fingers for me)


Names we're considering:

1. Leah (for my mother-in-law, Liahona)

2. that's about it


What I wear:

1. 3 different but similar dresses that were big and cheap. After a couple more weeks, they will go straight to DI

2. My nightgown as often as possible


Stuff I do while I'm pregnant that everyone tells you not to do:

1. I don't do anything I'm not supposed to do, especially any heavy housework!!! That's what kids are for.


Weight Gain during all my pregnancies:

1. Anna: 20 lbs

2. Matt: 25 lbs

3. Sarah: 12 lbs (I had gallstones and was nauseous the whole pregnancy, thus the low weight gain)

4. Abby: 20 lbs

5. Sam: 27 lbs

6. Currently: 2 lbs, all in my feet (Yes, she is growing and measures as she should, but the doctors raised my thyroid dose at the beginning of the pregnancy, and that seems to have made a big difference. That and the ever present nausea)


What I'm looking forward to most about not being pregnant:

1. Being able to walk/move/sit/lie down without pain

2. No more vomitting

3. Eating a turkey sandwich

4. Being able to move faster than my grandma on her walker

5. Being able to catch Sam when he runs from me

6. Getting more sleep, even though I'll be getting up in the night with a new baby!!!


LABOR . . . bring it on!!!

16 comments:

queenieweenie said...

Oh...I SO remember those days! I would rather give birth 10 times than be pregnant.

Happy pushing!

Rach said...

Ok that photo is so funny!! I thought you might have this blog rEader THING. YOU ARE ALWAYS SO FAST AT THE COMMENTS. I need to put it on mine. I am so IMPRESSeD with all your cooking, baking, gardening. you truELY ARE super woman.

love love you and wish you lived closer too.

ps SL2 IS playing with the capS BUTTON, If you couldn't tell :)

mamasuisse said...

I was wondering what was going on with your capitalization - too funny!

angie said...

Yeah! You are almost there! Wishing the best for a quick and eaay labor. Don't forget, we live very close if you need anything!

Katy said...

hilarious! I love the comment about your kids poking around on your feet... funny! can't say that you made me EXCITED AT ALL about having any more kids... ever! my biggest pet peeve was when people would exclaim in a semi-horrified tone, "what? you're STILL pregnant?!" DUH

pippino15 said...

Wow this brings a whole new perspective oh having a baby.

Michelle said...

I still remember those last days vividly. I personally think labor is a piece of cake compared to pregnancy..Good Luck with these last few days. Also, I am so impressed with your canning project!

The Sallstroms said...

that's weird only 2 lbs for this baby?
I'm really excited, are you guys going to come to California? If not my mom should send me out there.
I'm so happy there's going to be another member of the family : )

Ashly said...

just think...your epidural is mere days away. I was begging for one by the time I hit 32 weeks with Brooklyn, but they wouldn't let me have one. It was "too early". jerks. ;)

Dani and Paul said...

Very Cute!! I can;t believe that you are having another girl. I can't wait to see her. Hang in there for the last couple of days

S said...

Wow, I think you are amazing for hanging in for 30+ weeks! I don't think I could ever get pregnant again having to deal with all that. You deserve absolutely no labor pains and a baby that sleeps twelve hours at night from the beginning. Either that or very sweet teenagers; the pregnancy gods have to spread the love out evenly, right? After all, you've suffered you share and it's only fair...

Paige said...

You are so close! I don't envy the pregnancy but so excited for the baby. Jessica is hilarious- glad you borrowed her post!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. I remember so clearly many of those ailments. Luckily they are temporary. Anxiously awaiting your announcement. :)

Jenibelle said...

What's the nickname for 'that's about it'?

Why can't you eat a turkey sandwich?

And I am SO with you on the epidural. I didn't have one with any of mine and I envy those who did.

Katy said...

*sigh* i'm two angry clicks away from coming and getting the full-service tutorial from you- with or without the rest of my family!!! I think the problem with ONE of my issues was that my pictures would be downloaded in "bold" and that would force the caption to become the tail end of the picture?? I dunno, just dunno... argh! Thanks for your offering, you're a saint! (now I'm having issues trying to get a new background or layout on this sucker! why is blogger DOING this to me???? waaaaahhh!)

Liz said...

I love this post! You're hilarious. I'm glad you have mom there to help you now - I'm not likely to go into labor while she's there, so be grateful for that too.