Sunday, September 21, 2008

One More Hazard of a 6th Pregnancy

I have a very tall desk in my office so that I can stand while I work. I also have a very tall chair with a short narrow chair for a foot rest for when I need to sit. This usually works great. Except when I'm 9 months pregnant. Now, when I sit, my belly gets in the way and pushes my legs apart. If I'm sitting on the tall chair with my feet on the narrow foot rest, that means my legs want to fall apart as far as they can. With my very, very loose ligaments, this is a problem. It gets uncomfortable very quickly. So I complained to Steve about it.


Do I look uncomfortable now?



His solution . . .



He grabbed a cord and tied my legs together. Works great. And could have multiple uses.

15 comments:

Ashly said...

now *that* is one cheap form of birth control- and easily reversible. you could submit that to SNL...that would make a hilarious SNL commercial...
anyway- glad your hubby is so creatively efficient. btw- who is the artist of those baby paintings above your desk? I love those, but can't remember the man's name and am too lazy to look it up....

Celia Fae said...

That is awesome. I could use one of those cords during sacrament meeting. Strangulation, whipping and also modesty. Great idea.

Katy said...

So very resourceful!! Haha, I love it! Makes me laugh because my mom used to threaten to do the same exact thing to me since "sittin like a lady" was/is truly an impossible task for me... you should patent this gem and make your millions!!

Anonymous said...

He should have thought of this 9 months ago!

Paige said...

Um, Martha's comment is the best. But kudos for his resourcefulness.

mamasuisse said...

But then I wouldn't have this baby. Once I get my hands on her, it will all have been worth it.

mamasuisse said...

Ashly, a lot of the folk art children pictures are done by William Matthew Prior, such as "Little Miss Fairfield" in her red dress. As far as I know, the baby with the rattle is an unknown artist.

Courtney said...

That is hilarious!!! Made me laugh!!

pippino15 said...

I just hope you don't have to jump up quickly to run up the stairs.

angie said...

Awsome Steve! You are almost there, Susan. How great for your mother to come and be with you. Hi, Martha! Let us know how everything goes, and let me know if Sam needs to play.

Anonymous said...

Nice square knot!

Kevin

Liz said...

See? That wasn't so humiliating to post. I think it's hilarious, and you'll be glad to have that in your book of memories.

Heather said...

that is the greatest!!!
I laughed so hard..

Anonymous said...

Steve, that's a nice square knot!!

BYU Steve said...

Stay tuned, men. Next week we'll be posting the much requested picture of a clove hitch.