
Recently, Matthew and I were searching on the internet for halloween costume ideas for him. This search was very aggravating because he has to have an opinion about everything. Apparently, he has forgotten that my opinion is the only one that counts. He wants something gross and scarey, nothing cute like a fireman (sorry, Scott). We're welcoming any suggestions - he's 12.
While we were on the internet, we came across a Flash t-shirt, and it reminded me of one of my favorite Matthew memories. Many, many years ago (about 9 to be exact), Matthew used to like to raid his aunt Carol's toy bins and play with all of the action figures. He came across a red man with a lightning bolt on his chest and asked me what his name is. At that particular moment, I couldn't remember, so I asked Matthew, "What do you want his name to be?" He answered, "I think his name is SUPERGLUE." For a very long time, much to the whole family's delight and continual amusement, Matthew's favorite action figure was Superglue. Eventually, I got Carol to just give Superglue to us, and he now lives in Matthew's special bin. I think he even gets to see daylight sometimes when Matthew is feeling lonely, though I'm sure he'll vehemently deny it.
Matthew's other favorite action figures were Batman and Robin. When I had to have my gall bladder removed, I ended up in the hospital for a week (it was supposed to be out-patient). When Matthew came to visit, he brought Robin with him and left him for me to play with. What a sweety, huh? Robin now keeps Superglue company in the special bin.
6 comments:
I think he should be Superglue for Halloween. That would be hilarious!
Aren't big boys hard? They so want the candy but are too cool to dress up. At least if it was a 12 year old girl they could just beg to be something slutty, while you patently refused.
I DO FRICKIN' NOT!!!! PEOPLE WITH SUPER GLUE. My mom better learn to sleep with her eyes open! but it isn't as humiliating as my mom thought it would be, flash/superglue was a thing of about 400 years ago. Mom... i'm gonna post sompin' really mean about u on my blog. MUAH... HAHHAHHAHHAH, HAH, HAH!!!!!
Just as predicted - vehement denial.
Hi, I've been blogstalking you for a while and I can totally relate about the Big Boy Costume problem. I recently purchased a studded belt, bracelet, fake earring things, sunglasses and a hat for my kid's costume. I don't know what he is and either does he.
I'm glad to hear that it's ok to have you kids on your S-List. If Hazen doesn't start sleeping for more than an hour at a time in the night, he's going to end up on mine, too!
Post a Comment