This post oughta tell me if my mom reads my blog or not. The kids brought this letter home from school this weekend that sent me into full mom panic mode:
Date: October 17th, 2007
Two frightening incidents occurred in our area recently that we wanted to make you aware of. In September, a female A... Elementary student was walking to school by herself. She was approached by a man she didn't know and was told to get in his car. Thankfully, she yelled and ran away, and the man drove off. This happened in view of the school, on a weekday morning between 8:30-9:00 am. A similar incident occurred during the second week of October on A... Blvd. Police were called immediately and a suspect was apprehended. Fortunately, in both cases, the children acted wisely and were not harmed. . .
That's my school! I live in a safe little community that dead-ends up against the mountains. And until we started having a lot of construction here, we didn't get much outside traffic. Barring never letting my kids out of the house again, what am I supposed to do with this?
8 comments:
I get these letters sometimes. I try not to freak out, and I drive my kids around more. It bites. I hope they catch the creep.
Oh, and you need the full story. Start calling all of the moms until you get it.
Depending on the day, I would find out where the creep is picking up kids, and then I would drop off this one particular child who's bugging me, then hope for the best. OK, not funny.
I'd just walk with them for a little while and make sure you keep quizzing them on how to get away from scary strangers. And get a family password.
Some people can't take a little joke. I mean, I was just asking if she wanted a ride to my house of fun (I own a video arcade). Ok, I could have done without the ski mask.
That is scary. I hope people take this letter to heart and start locking their cars and front doors and educating their kids. There are creeps in Utah too!
And on a lighter note, it was nice to see you too! I love spending time in Martha's kitchen. There are always treats.
You're supposed to leave Alpine right now and come live next to me. Just think, zip lines back and forth as much as we want. I'm still crossing my fingers. P.S. Who's the anonymous person? That's creepy.
The anonymous person is none other than Steve, of course.
Maybe you could try sending me out to walk home or something. That would probably deter him/her (probably him) from an attack!
Post a Comment