Saturday, September 29, 2007

Our Magic Ice Maker



About a year ago, someone (read Steve) dropped a bunch of frozen blueberries into our ice maker. For a long time, whenever you'd get ice, a few blueberries would drop into your glass, too. We tried to clean it out, but they must have been stuck somewhere we couldn't reach. Since then, we've ceased to be surprised by the blueberries and even get a little excited about getting one - after a year, it's a rare occurrence and kind of a treat.




This summer, when Emma Sallstrom was visiting with her family, she discovered a treat even better than the blueberries. She was getting ice, and an ice cream sandwich dropped out of the ice maker into her glass. She was so surprised and must have thought that our house in Utah is the BEST place to visit in the world!!!


Of course, Abby was right behind her with her own glass ready for a try at the ice. It was like playing the slots with all the kids clamoring for their own turn! I don't think Emma will ever forget our magic ice maker! And now, we're all on the edge of our seats waiting to see what will pop out next.


3 comments:

Paige said...

I'd really like a few Martha cookies to pop out of my ice maker. I wonder who could arrange that. I'm going to have to get my food scale out to measure the dark brown sugar!

kate's saga said...

hahaha
I remember that perfectly!
We sort of had the same thing happen in our refrigerator because someone spilled tons of little grapes and they were pooping out into our drinks for a really long time!

Monkey said...

I'd like to have a drum set or something pop out.