Saturday, February 21, 2009

Some Recent Sam-isms

This boy, approaching 3, has decided to re-visit his terrible twos with a vengeance, and he's taking the whole family along for the ride. Our days are not complete without a knock-down, drag-out screamfest courtesy of Sam. I'm doing my best to focus on the things he does that make me laugh rather than the ones that make me want to rip out my hair. In that spirit, here are some recent Sam-isms.


Playing Train

  • As he's doing something he KNOWS he's not supposed to do, such as fitting his entire body into the highest shelf of the flimsy, rickety bookcase, "Mom, I in trouble? I in trouble, Mom?" Is this boy crying out for attention or what!?


  • Standing on the "stoodle" and sweeping everything in reach with the broom while singing, "IRON Man, Iron man, iron man . . . I the Iron Man Cleaner." Every mom should have one of those.


  • Again, standing on the kitchen "stoodle," (his favorite perch), as he turns in circles on it, "Mom, I be careful not to fall. If I fall, I be very very sad." You and me both, Sam.


  • "Mom, don't say go to bed. Say, 'Okay,' Mom." I think he's practicing self-fulfilling prophecy. Either that or hypnosis.


  • "Mom, can I have some cereal? Mom, say sure like this - 'SHOOOORR.' Kay, Mom?" He likes his cereal in a white bowl with a white spoon and white milk. Hmmmm.


  • Who needs toys? Sam takes the dustpan and walks slowly back and forth across the kitchen saying, "Beep, beep, beep, beep . . . I a loader." You name it (loader, backhoe, crane, forklift . . .); he can be ANY construction vehicle using various utensils from my kitchen as props.


  • "Dat one's my tow-truck-bwack-Mater. My Mater has a bwack hook."

  • He came to me with a hurt finger, and I told him that washing it would make it feel better (cold water, clean fingers, etc). He stood up at the sink washing his finger and repeating, "Washing it will make it feel better. Washing it will make it feel better . . . Actually, it doesn't feel better."


  • With a very pleased-with-himself smirk on his face and in his voice, "Mom, guess what my bum did?" Given that he's all boy, it took me a ridiculously long time to figure out what his bum had done. Any guesses?

  • "Dat's Weah an Me. She's so cute."

    10 comments:

    Katy said...

    Hahahahahahahahaha!!!! Oh that kid is a total hoot! I love little Sam, he's had my heart in a puddle since the day I met him! I love his Stoodle pics... Iron man in his under-roos, can't beat that!
    And that last photo: the face of a patient Buddist Monk!

    Ashly said...

    i choose to not believe a word of what you said about him being a pill ;) hilarious, hilarious little boy!

    angie said...

    Sam and Austin need to get together to sing Iron Man. Austin sings all sorts of things and even counts to the tune. I received a lot of looks when he was belting out the song in Costco!

    Sam is a cute little boy. It sounds like he has it all figured out :)

    Lauren said...

    Man, he is a funny little guy. I think the Lord makes them super cute and super annoying at the same time so we do not get rid of them. Thanks for sharing

    Rach said...

    Oh, he is so cute and funny! It's always good to focus on the positive side of the little ones! As you know, with sl2 if we don't focus on the positive I'm not sure we'd make it through any day!

    Martha said...

    There's no way that little sugar is a pill. You can send him to Marfa for a week and he can get all the attention he needs!

    alpinekleins said...

    SEriously, Never a dull moment!

    KK

    wenderful said...

    I love the look on his face in that last picture. So cute.

    Liz said...

    What great Samisms - I'm so glad you wrote them down. I remember when I first heard Sam singing Iron Man in mom & dad's kitchen at Christmas time - It made me laugh so hard, & I still tell my friends about it.

    Rach said...

    PS, just re-reading (and laughing) at this post again. Lou-lou just got kicked out of preschool today! They actually called me and told me to come get her. She really is following in her daddy's foot steps :) Let's hope they take her back next Tues or I won't survive the week!