Saturday, February 28, 2009

Bebe Shooz

I love it when my mom comes to visit. She gets me out of my usual routine and helps me get interested in the types of activities I used to do in my life before 6 kids.

While she was here a couple weeks ago, we went to Piper's Quilts in Sugarhouse. They have some awesome quilts and knitting projects. They also offer free knitting classes on Tuesday nights if you buy your supplies there. They had some absolutely darling wool felt baby booties that inspired us.




So we bought the pattern . . .



. . . gathered supplies, . . .



. . . and began creating.



They turned out beautiful, if I do say so myself.



And they were made to match 3 of her outfits perfectly



The only thing left to do on them is to cut the scalloped edge on the sole. The only place I can find scalloped fabric scissors is on Ebay, but so far, I haven't won an auction. Apparently, they're in high demand.

She'll just have to wear them as is until I can buy or borrow the scissors.

And how did I find the time for this project?



Because Leah is on the bottle and the other kids are thrilled to feed her, I have a little time for myself.



The fattening up process is going well. Leah has gained 2 pounds in the past 3 weeks and is back on the growth chart. YAY!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats so exciting! We should go take lessons this Tuesday, those sound like a lot of fun...I'm so excited to make shoes!

P.S. can you guess what this is?
<3
It took me a little while :)haha

Liz said...

The shoes turned out great! What a fun project. And Leah's really filling out - her chunkified legs are catching up to Will's.

Katy said...

Oh my gosh, those shoes are pretty much the cutest thing i've seen! I love that you made them... they turned out perfectly! And who knew scalloped scissors are such a hot item!
ps. the pictures of the kids playing and feeding Leah are precious!!!

Martha said...

What a talented mom! You can have my scalloped scissors is I can send you any shoes I make and have you cut the edge. I love the little rubberband on Leah's leg!

Paige said...

gorgeous shoes and baby!

Erin said...

You are so talented! In about 4 months we will be so CLOSE! Can't wait!

angie said...

Darling shoes, Susan! It is nice that you have a little time to yourself :)

Jackson Family said...

I love those shoes. I so wish I had the talent to sew. Way to go on Leah's weight gain. I've been there with Katherine... she's still borderline on the growth chart. 6 yrs. and a whopping 36 lbs. But seriously you could sell those shoes they look so good.

Jayne said...

Leah looks good and the shoes are adorable. I need your mom to inspire me.

Lauren said...

Those are adorable. If my kid turns out to be a girl, I'd love to learn how to. I am glad that bottle feeding can bring such great results! Your kids are so good with her

alpinekleins said...

Absolutely gorgeous - and what a fun thing to do! They look just darling on Leah also, so glad she's actually GROWING :)

Kristin

Ann Mitchell said...

I never knew any one who made shoes! Great job!

Nancy said...

Nothing better than a fun craft project! Way to go!

queenieweenie said...

those are SO stinkin' cute-i love that they match her outfits-i used to do the same thing with baby bows.

Unknown said...

As always Susan--you amaze me...I haven't been up on blogs lately---but really enjoyed catching up...Sam and my Alyssa would be a pair to be reckoned with---but I LOVE the 3's so many laughs. Your family is so cute and sweet---tell your mom she and I could compare dreams---mine are the same---whacked and real!

Ashly said...

i've officially lost it. I thought I had commented on this post. didn't.
CUTE, cute, cute, cute. I love them. and that pic of leah kissing sam's cheek is so sweet :)

Grandma Aileen said...

I love the little shoes. And I love the pictures of he kids. Love you all,
Grandma

Rach said...

She is SO CUTE!! I can't believe how big she is getting! I love the shoes too. Your mom showed us photos when she got back in town - adorable.

wenderful said...

I love the shoes! How cute are those! I think my mom made some like those for my cousin. I, on the other hand, couldn't even attempt them. Great job! She's getting so big!