"Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true."
My mom seems like a pretty normal person when you meet her, but she is a little bit of a freak. If you ever hear her say the words, "Listen to this dream I had . . . ," stick around. She has the weirdest dreams I have ever heard of, and she remembers them vividly and in detail. Of course, if you scare easily, you might want to run the other way.
My favorite: she had a gingerbread baby. Everything was great until she tried to give him a bath. Hahaha. It still makes me laugh.
My new favorite (Martha's exact words from an email): "So this is the latest. I was having a dinner party and needed to put the avocado on the salad.
I peeled the skin off of it and it was now a penguin avocado, but it was alive and cuddly. I took it to the table to slice it and had a nice sharp knife, but I couldn't do it. It was just too cute to cut up.
So I put a blanket on it like the kind Leah wears that zip up but don't have legs. I figured, why not, he just waddles back and forth anyway and the blanket will keep him warm since I guess I removed all the feathers when I peeled him.

Sure enough he just waddled away when I set him down. He waddled over to some kids who were sitting on the floor playing and I guess he tripped and I had zipped his flippers inside the blanket so he couldn't catch himself. So when he fell he squashed and I made him into guacamole [waste not, want not]."
I wonder what the price would be to make that one come true. Let's please not try it!
9 comments:
Totally unfair for you to publish this unauthorized version of my dream. From now it is's verbal telling only! I think those avocados we have here are ready.
A PENGUIN AVOCADO!?! That's an incredible dream.
That is pretty funny! Tell your mother "hello". I hope you are having a nice visit :)
I am not surprised at Martha's dreams. She is a very detailed person. She notices details like no other! That is why she is so creative.
hahahah!!!! all i have to say is I LOVE AUNT MARTHA!!!!!!
what I wouldn't give to have that dream analyzed.... love you, martha ;)
hmmmmm . . . trying for an interpretation . . . really can't come up with one :) Makes for good reading though!
Kristin
I am cracking up right now. Oh Martha, we love her. She is one funny lady. We love living by her so we can get accounts of her dreams on a regular basis.
Mom has the best dreams - I think she could make a children's book (the Brothers Grimm had creepy, animals dying stories).
Post a Comment