When I was pregnant with Sam, I asked Steve if he'd build me a cradle.

He said that if I gathered all the supplies, he'd build it. He thought that'd be the end of that. Oh ye of little faith . . .
Many frustrating months, a few tears and another baby later, the cradle is finally finished. And yay!! Leah still fits!
We figure she's so small that we can still get a good month or two of use out of it.
I love the little key that fits in the side to keep it from swinging. Let's keep our fingers crossed that Sam doesn't make off with it and banish it forever to the black hole of my house.
It took a lot more time than either of us anticipated, but Steve did a great job! Leah thinks so, too.
14 comments:
Wow, that's incredible!!!! I am really impressed! I love the pic where Leah is waving Hello to us all-- she's a peach!
that is truly amazing. It's gorgeous. If I asked jeff for a cradle he'd hand me the credit card. Somehow not the same.
Amazing! It's my mission to one day find that black hole where everything goes and nothing ever comes back. In the next life for sure I'm going to find out where the Barbie accessories and the other half of socks went.
It is beautiful - what a treasure! You'll have Grandbabies even in it someday :)
Wow!!! It turned out so good. I can't believe that Steve made that. Tell him that he did I great job. I bet that your happy that she can still use it for a while.
so beautiful...your kids are going to fight over it when they get older!
i love that. (and your baby's not bad, either) so, so sweet. didn't you/sarah/liz have a doll cradle like that when you lived in St. Louis? I swear I remember one?
now when anna (or whoever the lucky recipient is) has a baby a long, long, long time from now, that baby will have something that Papa made!
Sarah had a rocking cradle with a canopy for her baby doll. It was so cute. When I saw this pattern, it reminded me of that baby doll cradle - looks quite a bit different, but has a similar feel.
That is so cool, what an heirloom treasure for your family. Someday your kids will fight over it!
Wow! I am very impressed! That is really cool...what a darling idea!!
Very imressive, Steve and Susan! What a treasure to have :) Sorry I couldn't make it to lunch last week, it was a crazy day!
That is the sweetest thing ever!
that is so cool! are your girls already fighting who gets it when they have kids? Think Leah will out grow it by time my little guys is here? :)
I love it! Good job Steve. And just in time.
Post a Comment