Monday, January 26, 2009

Battle of the Button Pushers

The Ocean Wonders Aquarium is my favorite baby toy. We lay Leah down in bed and turn it on. She immediately rolls over to see the soft, soothing lights and bubbles. And then she goes to SLEEP.


It also comes with a remote control button. It's a good idea to keep it in your nightstand drawer or another convenient-from-bed location. So if you're ever lying in bed, and the baby (who still sleeps in your room) rolls and kicks the button on the toy and turns on the soft, soothing music and lights, you can push your remote button without ever having to get out of bed. If she happens to do this ALL NIGHT LONG, you can continue to sleep with the remote in your hand playing Battle of the Button Pushers every few minutes ALL. NIGHT. LONG.

Also, when you drag your tired body out of bed in the morning, try to remember that there is an off switch on the back of the toy so that you can kick yourself . . .


. . . as you yawn ALL DAY LONG.


It's a good thing she's cute.


For my birthday, which is today, we were going to go see a movie tonight (a rare occurrence), but not after the night I just had. I'd never be able to stay awake.

9 comments:

Katy said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!! Leah is SO CUTE, love the yawning picture- she's precious! I have heard GREAT things about the aquarium!

Hope your day is fabulous, for my first birthday with Ava in our family, I chose to have a four hour nap... total and complete bliss!

S said...

Happy Birthday!
Just hearing that it makes one baby go to sleep makes the toy sound miraculous and it's going to be my first purchase with the next baby.
PS-Do you even get birthdays if you're a mom of six kids?!

wenderful said...

Happy happy birthday Susan. Have a wonderful time at the movies. That baby is adorable!
I like your cupcake too.

Erin said...

Happy Birthday, Susan!!! I love you and miss you! I hope your day is just how you want it to be.

alpinekleins said...

~~~~Happy happy Birthday~~~~ Cute story and I love the NEW look :)

((hugs))

KK

Emily said...

Happy birthday!! I hope you get a nap for a present!

angie said...

Happy Birthday! How does it feel to finally be 30? :) That is a pretty funny story about the button war. Hopefully you get a good nights sleep tonight!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Your kids are beautiful.

Jackson Family said...

Happy Birthday! We had the older version of this without the remote. I don't know how many nights we listened to that thing go on when she woke up and would turn it back on to go back to sleep. But it was so wonderful to get her to fall asleep. Hope you get some sleep tonight.