Anna is my hero.
The other night, she was holding the baby when Leah started to vomit. I'm not talking about a little spit-up. I'm talking about what seemed like a gallon. It was probably only about half a bottle's worth, but when it's spewing out all over the place, it sure seems like a lot more.

Anna was an absolute champ. She didn't even flinch, just kept calmly holding the baby and soothing her while she puked over and over again all over Anna's entire front. She's 15 years old and handled it better than most adults would! Leah agrees; she layed her head back down without crying a bit and went right back to sleep as soon as the puking stopped.
10 comments:
Nice that you got a picture of it. Anna will be good and ready by the time she has kids of her own. Leah looks a little camera shy, or maybe the puking took her by surprise.
The picture is actually of a separate, lower volume incident. Anna holds the baby often enough that she gets hit a lot. And puking doesn't take Leah by surprise at all - it's old hat by now. Maybe she was wondering why I was taking a picture of such a ho-hum everyday occurence.
Good job Anna! Susan, you really are lucky to have such a great helper. I know you know that though :)
I need one of those! Are you renting Anna out for puke-helper-baby-calmer-fuss-soother services? I'd take TWO!
What a trooper! I too am impressed!
Anna is amazing. If she can handle that she can handle any mess! Does she hire out to clean yucky messes? Besides handling messes, she is so cute and so creative. You are a lucky mom to have Anna--and of course all the rest of the crew!
Wow--Anna is MY hero too! Maybe one day I'll grow up to be like Anna.
Impressive, Anna! What a sweet girl to not freak out when the puking started.
Will she come here to help with my baby when he comes?? :) did you see Four Christmases? That movie had some pretty funny baby puke scenes.
what a sweet oldest sister! reading this & seeing how kind & sweet anna is makes me want to have a baby when rebecca is that age just so she can do that, too...somehow i know it's wishful thinking on my part!:)
Post a Comment