Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Puerto Vallarta

Travelling is stressful. Travelling with a baby is extra stressful. So imagine my level of panic when, the day before we were to leave, I opened the dryer to find mine and Leah's passports mixed in with the towels looking like this.



Add to that a missed flight and full blown PMS, and what do you get? Complete emotional meltdown.



It's a good thing we had such a beautiful home and beach to speed the recovery process.



Leah can't wait to get out into the sunshine and pool . . .





and relax in the hammock overlooking the ocean . . .







(Poor Amy's a third wheel)



and watch the beautiful sunset.





In spite of the rocky start and the swine flu media event that got into full swing just as we arrived, we had a great time!

8 comments:

Katy said...

Wow, Susan, these pictures are stunning!!! I clicked on every single one to get a better look at "THE GOOD LIFE" and you did NOT disappoint! The photos are beautiful and Leah is a DOLL!!! Glad you were able to go with your passport fiasco, glad you had a great time, glad you got home safely, and glad you escaped the swine flu (so far! ha!!) Thanks for sharing your AWESOME trip!!

Ashly said...

what an *awesome* time it looks like you had. that sentence structure stunk. whatevs...gorgeous. gorgeous. gorgeous. If you need to take a nanny with you next time you go, I volunteer. And I'll do it for free....All out of the goodness of my heart. :)

angie said...

So glad you had a great time. It looks absolutely beautiful there. I feel bad that Nancy and the rest could not come join you! Swine Flu!! I still don't know if I have your correct email address to allow you onto my blog? Let me know.

Paige said...

You forgot to take pictures of your other 5 kids! Unless they weren't there. Adorable baby.

mamasuisse said...

Paige, this was an adults only trip. The only kids allowed were the kind who can't talk. And poor Steve had to stay home and watch the other 5 kids, so it was just me and Leah with my parents and various other adult family members.

Ann Mitchell said...

Your pictures are amazing!

queenieweenie said...

jealous, jealous, JEALOUS!

that hammock looks divine.

S said...

That looks so amazing and wonderful. Can you get the swine flu if you're at the beautiful beach and relaxing in a hammock? I don't think it's possible. And passport trauma is the worst, to think that your thousands-of-dollars trip can rest on one book of half-blank pages. I'm glad it all worked out!