Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Card Quiz

  • Guest post from Steve.
Can you guess which kid has a photoshopped head?

Isn't Photoshop great? You have 5 kids that you're trying to get to smile all at the same time without blinking or making rabbit ears (or any other kind of finger gesture, for that matter). If you're lucky, one out of 50 shots will look good. But with Photoshop, you don't need to take 50 pictures. Just a few. Then cut and paste the best head shots into the best overall picture. And voila, a decent picture! And that's what Susan did with our Christmas picture this year. (She hasn't mastered the airbrush and nip/tuck techniques of Photoshop yet, or I would be in the picture too). Can you guess the kid with the head that was cut/paste?



First, place your vote in the poll to the right, then you can check your answer in the comments. Don't peek!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What did you guess? Give us your answer and the reason why. Emily gives us a prime sample comment below.

Here's the right answer (da da da da da da --FYI, this is a drum roll-- da da da):

Sarah! The problem Susan had with the copy/paste of her head is two fold: 1) Sarah was leaning forward in the picture that her head was extracted from, so not to scale, and 2) Sarah, like myself, has an above average head size to begin with. Her nick name, coined by her loving aunt, was Sarahbellum as a baby.

Anonymous said...

Definitely Sam. If I've learned anything from Susan's blog, it's that Sam doesn't smile if he doesn't have his bottle in his hand. Or if he's wearing a pirate hat. Cute picture and adorable kids! Merry Christmas!

Celia Fae said...

I guessed the three oldest, so I don't win. But what is the prize?

Paige said...

Oh I do love a husbandly guest blog. But I guessed Abby and I was wrong! Love the picture.

Liz said...

I guessed Abby because the angle of her head, but apparently that's normal. I just assumed that was Sarah's head size (because of the above mentioned reason). However, it did look bigger than I would normally have thought. Abby's tilt won out over Sarah's size. Good job Susan! It looks great!

Liz said...

PS - Your stockings look great.

Courtney said...

I guessed Abby. But Sam was my definite 2nd.

Anonymous said...

I guessed Abby as well... it looks amazing though I really couldn't tell that it was Sarah!

Also, I think it's ok to be in love with Mr. Darcy. I think most girls are in love with Mr. Darcy.

Heather said...

I guessed Matt because his smile and pose was so perfect.

Such a handsome family!-and I love the barefeet..

kate's saga said...

I thought it was Sam and i think its because his head doesnt have a shadow underneath and you can't see his neck so he looks cropped in.