When I first started my family, I remember a lot of people telling me that it goes so fast. I naively agreed with them and sincerely tried to savor my kids' babyhoods. But suddenly, it's truly sinking in how fast the time actually goes.
Anna has her learner's permit. She finds a lot of humor in the contrast between my calm, patient words and my death grip on the doorframe.
When we arrived in California for Christmas, Matthew was a little shorter than me. When we left two weeks later, he was a little taller than me. I cried. Now he's about 2 inches taller than me, and I have to look up at him. He's very proud.
Sarah got her first zit. She was afraid to let me anywhere near it and even cried trying to keep me from getting a closer look. But I insisted, "When you were born, it was written into my contract as your mother that I get to pop your first zit. Now quit your crying and get over here!"
Abby (1st grader) is a reading machine. Like mother, like daughter.
Sam is just Sam. He makes us laugh and, hopefully, will keep me young. He's not quite three, and when I put him on timeout today, he said, "I sad. Sometimes, I just want to give up." What!?!
Leah is growing up way too fast. She's working hard on her chess game. She's very competetive and is gunning for her dad.
She's also learned to "Give Me Five" and is well on her way to performing all sorts of stupid pet tricks.
These milestones are so much fun, but boy, some of them make me feel like time is passing too fast.
11 comments:
Taylor and I can't get over how awesome your kids are!!! Love that you caught Sarah's first zit on camera- but LOVE your 'contract' remark even MORE!!!!! Hilarious! and Sam, oh Sam!! If you could just keep a daily blog of what Sam says every day... you'd make me the happiest gal ever, he's just sooo funny! And the video is too cute, Leah is such a happy baby!! Great post, i'm still smiling!
It only get's faster and faster and faster. Next thing you know . . . you'll almost be an empty nester like me - ha! Really don't know what happened . . .
Just wanted to share a little award with you:) You can find it here:
http://alpinekleinbunch.blogspot.com/2009/03/awards.html
Kristin
I can't believe that Anna has her permit. She can drive. That is scary. They are going up way to fast. I still remember when Anna was just a baby and I came to visit with Martha, Sammie, Liz and Caitlin when you guys lived in LA. And now she is driving. TIme does fly by fast and I haven't even met Leah yet
That's so cute!
Look out! The driver's permit is serious stuff. Maddy gets hers in about 6 months. In Idaho it's 14 years old. Yikes! Good luck with that! It makes me feel old too. :(
I love this post- such a good reminder to cherish every moment- no doubt before I blink my eyes natty will be driving. yikes. that little leah is such a sugar-
I can't believe Sarah let you take a picture of her zit! What a nice daughter! And I love that Sam's two-year-old life is so stressful he just wants to give up, that's hilarious.
Thank you for the warning. I will watch the road for young drivers in Alpine...JK! Time does fly. When are you available next week for a night out. We keep saying we're going to do it, but we never do. Let's do it!!!
What a fun post - I love seeing all the milestones your kids are reaching. I miss all of you SO much!
All of my cousins are growing up : (
i love your background by the way!!
the "going fast" thing is freaking me out a little too.
your kids are so beautiful...zits and all!
this was AWESOME! i love that you wanted to pop the first zit! i can't stand unpopped zits & feel exactly the same way & i am totally using that line with my kids.:) i can't believe how fast your children are growing up! it does go so fast! wow!:)
Post a Comment