Sam's giving me a run for my money today. Apparently, he doesn't like to be told no. I know . . . shocking!
The first time I told him no this morning, he answered, "Mom, don't say to me. You has to be nice to babies." He likes to classify himself as a baby ONLY when he thinks it will benefit him.
All day long, I've been hearing variations on the above. "Don't say to me. Don't you talk to me that way. You talk nice. You have to listen to me." He's pretty much repeating everything that comes out of my mouth and turning it right back on me. On and on and on all day long. At least I'm laughing inside as I pull my hair out. Is it naptime yet!?

About the 10th time I told him to turn off the water and made him get down from the sink, he said very sternly, "You has to be nice to babies AGAIN!"
Not a minute later, I heard a big splash. He had climbed back up to the kitchen sink and dumped a big bowl of cold, dirty dishwater all over himself (and the floor!). Crying, he said, "Mom, I sad. I don't like water on me. It's dust disgusting. Get dat off of me." I have to agree with him. Cold, dirty dishwater (complete with macaroni remnants) is disgusting. Now he's crying, but hopefully it will cool him off and teach him to listen to me.
9 comments:
Austin would say, "Don't talk at me." These little boys know what's up!
I know it's got to be wearing at you... but cold dirty dishwater is kind of funny. Poor guy. It's so hard to hear your own words thrown back at you by a toddler... been there done that, however it is kind of funny.
Just remember what you said earlier...it goes too fast---I hate that my 3 1/2 year old is growing so fast---it breaks my heart! Remember that at least for now he is SOMEWHAT under your control! LOL
I love the way he talks. He's such a cute little man. Does he dislike clothing? He seems to enjoy his nakedness, no?
Wendy, it is a serious piece of work to keep clothes on that boy. Hopefully, he'll learn to stay dressed before he starts school.
i absolutely loved catching up on your blog...it is so fun to read all of the stories! my kids would undress as soon as we walked in the door from anywhere even though it was the middle of winter in cleveland! there would be a trail from the door to wherever they went. oh well.:)
i saw you last week when you drove by...now that i know your car i can look for you!:) we moved into that old house & are now in the 8th ward i think...hope things are going well for you.
oh my oh my oh my - nobody can keep up with Sam:) If he wasn't soooo adorable . . .
Kristin
my husband doesn't like "no" either...with him it's not quite as cute.
Sam is so cute. I love the story and laughed and laughed. Melissa enlarged the picture of Sam so I could see it. I love you all.
Love,
Grandma Aileen
Post a Comment