
The program was so pretty with some great pictures of Susie in it. I especially love this one from around the time she was engaged to be married to HÃ¥kan.

And I love this one from the day her family was sealed in the Copenhagen Denmark temple. They were the first family sealed in that temple right after it was dedicated in 2004.
The talks were very good and focused on all of the wonderful things about Susie. Her brother, Dave, read a few small passages from her patriarchal blessing that absolutely epitomize the person she is, full of love and empathy for others. My favorite part of the service was when all the nieces sang "I Have A Dream" by Abba. Two of the nephews, Michael and Chris, accompanied them on the ukulele and guitar. They were all just so sweet playing and singing together. The girls were all dressed in white with Swedish style flower wreaths on their heads, and they looked and sounded like angels.

It was such a great song choice, cheerful and optimistic. I know Susie really wanted her children to have that experience of being surrounded by people who can have a positive outlook on life after death and eternity.
Here's a video clip of the song (sorry it's such poor quality, but I still love to watch it - I'm on about my 20th viewing).
How grateful I am for the gospel's promise of eternal life, for the sealing power of the priesthood and the knowledge that we are an eternal family.
7 comments:
Absolutely beautiful.
Susan that is just so very cool! I love that you filmed it and the girls are all just beautiful. What is cooler than boys on ukelele?
Yes, so beautiful. Thanks for posting this, and including the song sung by the girls. I'll bet Susie loved it!
Hey Susan! I have finally joined the blogging world. Your blog is fun to look at! I am sorry for your recent lose. Like you, my testimony of eternal families is what would get me through such a time. For some reason, I could not view the video, but I will keep trying. I need to borrow your potty training book. I want to start on Austin, but he seems a little resistant :( Your family is so cute and fun!
Oh yeah, our blog is hamfam5.blogspot.com
How beautiful, what a treasure this will be for her children. I love that song, it's one that gets stuck in my head and I find myself humming all the time. I hope and pray her children can remember the temple and the promises there and somehow understand that as long as "time" is for us now, eternity is what counts.
Thank you for sharing.
How neat to have the memorial service in California. The song was just about the sweetest thing I've seen all week! Did you know we live here now? I saw Steve. I want to visit you sometime! I know you are a little under the weather though in "your confinement" and all. Good luck. Can't wait to hear good news. I remember my father-in-law talking about sealing Susan with her family as the first family in the Denmark temple. So cool!
Post a Comment