Friday, August 17, 2007

This Would Never Happen at Steven's House

Steven showed up at my house a little over a week ago when I had been gone for about a half hour. That's all the time it takes for my house to be completely taken apart. He walked in just a few minutes before I got there to naked Sam, flour all over the floor (Yes, that was about the 8th time - slow learner that I am, I finally moved the flour out of reach.), flour all over Sam's nether regions, various kitchen items and papers strewn all over the floor, countertops, etc., and several loads of laundry waiting to be folded in my living room. As I diapered Sam, swept up flour, and pulled out my hair, Steven tried in vain to help. He had a very concerned expression on his face the whole time he was here. I think he's worried about me.

4 comments:

Liz said...

I'm not worried about you Susan . . . it's . . . normal (???) to not think of moving the flour after how many times?

Liz said...

P.S. I love you and miss you! Family included!

Liz said...

By the way, your children are beautiful!!!

Martha said...

Steven's probably worried because he's remembering the grief caused by moving 25 lb. of flour with the assistance of his older sister Sarah when he was about Sam's age!