Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Some Recent Samisms

Oh, how I love this boy. He's a constant tease. He terrifies me regularly. He makes me want to pull my hair out. He makes my head spin around in circles. But mostly, he makes me LAUGH.





He wants to be an army guy and wipe his own bum when he grows up.

He has a great memory for names. He told me a few days ago, several weeks after the fact, that dad wants him to call him the Constructionmeister.

When asked, on his birthday, how old he is, Sam said, "I'm 4, so now I get 4 minutes on time-out." The joys of growing up.

Sam says, complete with sound-effects, "Wild cats think we're dewicious! Shhwwlllurp!"



When we drove by Chuck E. Cheese, Sam asked if we could go to Chucky Jesus'. Makes you wonder what is going through the kid's mind every time we pray.

Sam woke up a few mornings ago and climbed in bed with me. I had just started wondering about these weird gasping noises he was making when he said with alarm, "My laugh is gone!!! H...h...h... See?!? I guess I used it too much. We have to get some more!" A couple hours later, he came running inside laughing and excited to show me that his laugh was back!!!



A few days ago, Sam was very concerned that the black chick was being mean to the other chicks. He said that we don't want a mean chicken. I agreed and said, "Maybe we should eat her." He was horrified and reprimanded me very sternly! "Mom!! We don't eat chickens!!" I tried to explain to him that of course we eat chickens; it's called chicken. But every time I bring it up, he very sternly tells me the rules. "We don't eat chicks, and we don't eat chickens." Then this morning, he came running to me and said, all scandalized, "The black chick just stepped on the other chick!! Maybe we SHOULD eat her!"



Sam keeps hearing growling noises in the garage. He's very concerned that it might be a big snake that will bite Daddy's legs off.   He told me all about it - "Then Daddy will turn into a snake and you won't be able to be married to him anymore. But we'll still keep him in our family. He can be our pet."

So even though he was on time-out at least 8 times yesterday (4 minutes each), and even though he pops the childproof door-knob covers off the doors to escape outside, and even though he sometimes doesn't want me to look at him because he's creeped out by my green lizard eyes, and even though he told me not to "play dumb" when I thought I was being serious . . . I love, Love, LOVE this kid.  I'm gonna try to keep him 4 for a very long time.  Wish me luck.

3 comments:

angie said...

I love it!! What a fun post! You is a crack up. :)

FYI: We're on the fence about the lot...I hate decisions!

Katy said...

hahahahahahahahahaha!!!! i'm seriously cracking up this entire time... in fact, I think i shall print this post and get it framed and put it on my wall so i always have a laugh! I LOVE Sam, totally and completely LOVE that kid! If you wanna make a quick few billion, you really need to clone that boy and sell the copies to the rest of humanity!!! He's perfection!

hhahahahahah... STILL laughing!!!

alpinekleins said...

I'm so happy that I can enjoy some humor at your expense:) Thanks you for sharing . . . chuckling out loud . . .

Kristin