Has it really already been a year (plus a month!?!)? Sheesh . . . time seems to be blowing right by me. Leah loved her first birthday party.
For her, it's all about the food.
It's traditional for the birthday girl (or boy) to get her own cake on her first birthday.
Note to self: next time(?), don't decorate the cake with choking hazards.
It does not make for a happy birthday girl when you have to keep taking her cake away to clear off dangerous candies.
Even with the choke-able Sixlets distracting her, she made a pretty good dent in her cake.
Steve thought maybe she'd had enough; Leah vociferously disagreed.
Thanks Sam . . . way to help a girl out!
Even though she's only a year old, she's very good at communicating her needs. See how she clearly says, "I'm done! NOW!!"
Bath time! (another first birthday tradition)
(Please look past the built up soap scum and grime. I had such good intentions when I put that scrub brush there.)
It's hard to believe these two are related. Leah's eyes are so dark, you can hardly see the pupils. Sam . . . well Sam is almost see-through.
Since Leah had her own cake, and it was Steve's birthday, too, I had to make a 2nd cake for the rest of the party. I found the recipe for Chocolate "Peanut Butter Cup" Cake on Bakerella's website.
This cake is to die for, no exaggeration!!! The only thing I did differently was to double the recipe and bake it in 3 10-inch cake pans. We had lots of people to feed. And the leftover batter made awesome cupcakes.
Warning: Be sure to have plenty of milk on hand before eating this cake.
8 comments:
Happy Birthday to one cute girl!!! I love her big brown eyes. What a doll. The cake looks divine!
'bout time we had an update ;) oh. right. I haven't updated in ages, either. yeah. I'll get right on that.
In the meantime- a) what a doll she is!! I can't believe it's been a year already.
b)those cakes looked so cute/tasty. I'm doing a rainbow cake for Natalie's b-day tomorrow. I'll take pictures if it turns out as good as it looks in my head.
Yeah, you are alive! I hope things are going alright for you. So, this is the cake you were telling me about...YUMMY! I will definitely have to try it out. Leah is so cute! I can't believe it's been a year! No definite decisions on the lot yet.
Happy birthday sweet Leah!!! oh love the pics of her diggin in... too cute!!!!
by the way... welcome back, i was getting nervous that your computer was broken :)
and bakerella's cake... oh. my. OHMY!!!! it's beautiful!!!!!!
ps. when i'm there, i'd LOVE to take pics of your fam!!! in a heartbeat!
wow. double wow. i want to eat the 16 layer cake right now & the peanut butter cup cake, too. these are great for the future...maybe i'll make one of them for my husband's birthday in december. but if i can't wait that long maybe thanksgiving? hmmmmm.
by the way, it was great chatting with you the other day. you make me feel like i am a normal mother & i love that. and your children are so cute! i can't believe you have a 16 year old either! she's a doll, though.:)
You DO make the most gorgeous and yummy looking cakes! I better get the recipe for the peanut butter cup one, it sounds like it's right up on my favorites list also.
Can't believe Leah is one also:)
Kristin
Happy Birthday to Leah and Steve. WOW! can't believe she is one already. Peanut butter cake sounds good. I have been thinking about you so much. Love to see you all.
Much, Much, Love
Grandma Ailen
Susan--you are just so smart and creative! Love you lots
Post a Comment