Do we really have to go home in just a few days? I could stay here forever . . .
. . . and watch the sunset
. . . and hang out with my family
. . . and catch geckos (oh wait, that wasn't me)
The sunsets from up on the hill overlooking the ocean are spectacular.
Do we really have to go home?
I could stay here forever.
Place of Refuge (Two-Step)
This is a fun beach for us.
The tide pools are shallow and warm for the babies.
There are plenty of salt water saturated lava rocks to chew on.
It's not just babies who like the tide pools - I'm not sure about the salty rocks, though.
Jumping in from the two steps is easy and fun.
The snorkeling is awesome. What a great variety of beautiful sea life! One friendly diver even wrote "ALOHA" on the bottom of the ocean with cinder blocks.
Getting out on the steps is almost as easy as getting in.
All the family is having fun together - hardly any fighting. Of course, it helps that I told my kids if they fight with each other, they will only be allowed to play with each other (no cousins).
When Sam got here, he got right to work.
He's working on his plumber skills.
Smiling for the camera looks so painful. Cheese.
The pool is huge, 3 or 4 times the length of a normal pool - it has no deep end, but it's deep enough to swim in and still touch bottom the whole way across.
The yard is full of all sorts of flowers and fruit trees.
like coconuts
and avocados and mangos
and lots of giant hibiscus
Yep, I'd be happy to stay here forever.
14 comments:
Gorgeous - absolutely gorgeous! You can always look forward to going back - it's what keeps me going :)
Kristin
I love Hawaii - it looks like you're having a wonderful time.
DROOL. SIGH. WHIMPER. WHINE.
I love it. I. LOVE. IT.
I've been waiting (impatiently) for this post... i KNEW you wouldn't disappoint... and you didn't!
Oh man. Does green look good on me?
gorgeous. gorgeous. gorgeous.
oh i wouldn't want to come home either! i'm glad you are enjoying yourselves so much.
that was a neat birthday gift & party week for your mom. she is such a good woman. i seriously have this flood of memories from when she was my merrie miss teacher way way long ago. whenever i see you drive by i think of her b/c you look alike. you are such a great family!
jealous!!!
Never been there---maybe some day---sigh. Sounds like you have had an amazing summer full of incredible experiences.
WOW!!!
WOW! Thats it, I am speachless.
That place is AWESOME!! We went there right after Sl2 was born. When r we doing an edgren trip?? love ya, miss you
Love the Hawaii pics! I think next time I would like to just go stay in a house and relax! I could live there forever, too!
Thanks for hanging out with us for a few hours last week! It was great to see you guys! Matthew was so nice to be Amanda's buddy!
Hi Susan--It been awhile since I have looked at the blogs or done one. I didn't know you had been to Hawaii. Looks like a wonderful time. Wonderful memories. I am glad you all had a great time.
Wow! I wouldn't want to come home either! It looks divine! What a beautiful place! I'm glad you are having fun with your family!
Amy
Post a Comment