Thursday, January 17, 2008

Who Me? Gullible?

I've always had a bit of a reputation for being gullible, although I prefer to call it trusting. Steve likes to take advantage of this personality trait as often as he can.

We just got some new business management software and have spent a lot of time learning it and getting it set up to streamline our business. I'm so excited about it because it looks like it's going to cut my work load in half! While I was gone the other day, Steve messed around with the program and learned how to set up some automatic email templates. When I got back, he showed me how to send automatic emails to our customers. I was really excited about this, too, because it seems I retype the same old email over and over and over with very few differences.

He clicked on one of our orders and chose the option to send the customer an email. Then he chose an email template he'd created which read:

    Subject: Don't Tick Me Off
    Dude (or Dudette, depending upon your sex and I'm talking gender, not orientation), what gives? Can't you read? Super Saver Shipping (note emphasis on 'saver' meaning it is the cheapie way to get stuff mailed) is shipped only twice a week. And here you are the next day asking me when you're going to get it?
    I WILL NOW CANCEL YOUR ORDER.

Then he hit SEND!!! Needless to say, I freaked. What I hadn't noticed is that he'd changed the customer's email address to his own, so he got the nasty email instead of them. And he played it perfectly, like he'd hit the button on accident.

I was pretty impressed with his little joke; it took some forethought and planning. And I'm always happy to give him a good laugh.

5 comments:

Liz said...

I would have freaked out! That's hilarious. Good job Steve.
We can't wait to see you guys in March. We're both really excited . . . and since you haven't asked, we'll just tell you that we're staying at your house.

mamasuisse said...

You know you're always welcome to stay at my house - no invitation or even advance notice necessary. You can have my bed. Scott and Steve can sleep on the floor.

Monkey said...

I wish I had the nerve to play pranks on my mo like that. If I did she wouldn't show mercy to me like the does to dad.

Paige said...

I bet your gullibility goes really nicely with some choice four letter words. Mine sure would.

Anonymous said...

rofl- nice! by the way- I'm jealous of all the snow you have-- here it's just freezing with nothing to show. 73 days until April is what I have to say about that. :)