Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Here's the Proof

Shoveling snow may not seem like such a big deal to many people, but it was a once in a lifetime moment for me (I hope).



We got 10 inches of snow last night. Nerd that I am, I got out a ruler and measured it. I wanted to know how deep it was because I got stuck shoveling it. We have a big driveway so it took me 1 1/2 hours, even with the neighbor helping for the last half with his snow blower. I can't really complain, though. That's the first time I've shoveled snow in the 6+ years we've lived here. I had Matthew take a picture as proof (he was home sick, which is the only reason he wasn't the one shoveling). I think we need a snowblower.

10 comments:

Monkey said...

And it was torture 2. I was inside trying 2 get some rest and Abby kept running inside to tell me (quote) "Mom need a wuler. Do you know what a wuler is?" After mom got her "wuler." She needed a camera. After I finally got the camera (phone) I had to take her picture. I know that doesn't sound very bad, but then you add the fact that I was sick and it was f-f-f-freeeezing outside!!!

Emily said...

Shoveling snow is the worst. But something equally as bad is planning a wedding. Could you email me your address? emhaycock@gmail.com THANKS!

Heather said...

Now THAT was a good storm, huh?

Celia Fae said...

How come you had to do it? And how come you've never done it before? I'm glad you measured. It is so satisfying to know exactly what you've done.

mamasuisse said...

Steve and Matthew are the usual shovelers. Steve was out of town having fun skiing with his brother and Ben Was...

Courtney said...

I love how those guys go skiing every year! I love the snow. If only it snowed in Boise as much as it does in UT. I figure if its got to be cold, there should at least be snow on the ground.

kate's saga said...

you guys are so lucky you got snow on christmas
that sounds so magical!

Liz said...

I totally would have measured the snow too (I think we're the only ones in our family who would have, how come all the nerds in our family are girls?). I in no way envy your being out there shoveling the snow.

Courtney said...

This does not pertain to this post...BUT...I just spent last night over at my parents house, trying out my dad's new little toy: the dance pad thing. Very fun and crazy. The coolest part was when he told me that he got the idea from you!! So cute! He then proceeded to tell us all about DDR and this other one that he ended purchasing from Korea, and blah, blah, blah. He doesn't limit his research to just health topics! Funny, huh? You should feel proud. It is the hit of all the grandkids, too! :) He's a little frustrated that it came with no instructions. Just thought you'd like to know!

mamasuisse said...

Your dad is certainly thorough in his research. He called me a little while ago to talk about the game system he was considering.

We got DDR 3 Christmases ago and I was a serious addict for a while - lost 30 pounds and then got pregnant with Sam. I still do it some, but unfortunately, haven't been able to commit myself to it with the same dedication as at first.