I've been told during my whole life as a mother to write down the funny things that my kids say. I've done a little of that, but unfortunately, not nearly enough. I've just been re-reading some old journal entries and came across several things my kids said and did that I had absolutely no memory of. Not even an, "Oh, yeah. I forgot about that." How could I have possibly forgotten about Abby washing her hair in the toilet. But even after reading about it, I am drawing a complete blank. I remember a lot of what my older two kids said and did, but as my brain becomes more fragmented with age and children, I seem to forget a scarey amount.The title of this blog refers to something that my oldest daughter, Anna, said when she was little, about 9. Steve was laughing at something that she had said, and she wasn't happy about it. She didn't like her dad to laugh at her. He tried to explain to her that he wasn't laughing at her but was laughing with her. Her answer was simple, yet disarming: "But I wasn't laughing."
Though Anna didn't find that funny, this blog is dedicated to things that we, as parents, do find funny. I'll try to dredge up past favorites from my crippled brain as well as add new gems as they are bestowed.
I love the baffled look my kids give me when I burst out laughing at something they have said. And Matthew always groans and pleads, "Don't tell everyone - you always tell everyone!" I'm sure he'll be thrilled to see some of my favorite Matthewisms posted on the internet for all to see (as I cackle with glee)!!!
4 comments:
Yeah!!! I'm so glad that someone else in our family is starting a blog. I can't wait to read about all of your stories. Your kids are hilarious (even if they don't realize it). I wanted to add one of Abby's deep thoughts to your list. I still have your text message saved in my phone, so I wouldn't forget it: "Abby just told me that she likes the smell of fireworks. They are like a really good fart" (said about 1 year ago).
Yea Susan! It's about time you shared your children's priceless words of wisdom. Matthew - you'll thank your mom when you have your own children. Love you all. Mom
Great... will be looking forward to your next installment..
So Fun! So wonderful to feel your family spirit all the way around the world, here in Sweden. We love you!
Post a Comment